Schonbek, the heritage lighting brand, is celebrating 150 years of premium American craftsmanship with the debut of the Iconics Collection. Inclusive of six of the brand’s most esteemed lines, Iconics was curated to highlight nearly two centuries of the brand’s dedication to creating iconic chandeliers through the pairing of worldly designs and an intimate knowledge of crystals dating to the 19th century. Bringing focus to the essence of Schonbek’s distinctive approach to the art and craft of lighting, this collection calls on classical ideals and motifs that push the boundaries of innovation. Tradition meets timeless sophistication in the romantic silhouette of ornate chandeliers, the striking lines of modern pendants, and the brilliant sparkle of exquisitely crafted crystals.
Orchestrated to complement a variety of spaces, each fixture within the Iconics Collection honors Schonbek’s evolution as a brand, staying true to the traditional, while adeptly embracing modern design to offer timeless versatility for elevated contemporary living, according to the company. Throughout this collection, new finishes have been made available for each product line, creating fresh perspectives and adding an au courant twist to classic light forms.
“As a heritage brand, our dedication to craftsmanship, design, and attention to detail is made abundantly clear with the Iconics Collection,” said Petra Oberhauser, commercial director, Schonbek. “Each Icon pushes the boundaries of what a timeless piece can bring to elevate the experience of a contemporary home.”
Icons by design and now by name, each of the six celebrated lines that comprise the Iconics Collection are born from Schonbek’s most beloved products. It’s about the art of continuous improvements. The Iconics Collection is composed of the following six lines:
- Century: Originally designed in the 1960s by Arnold Schonbek, Century is the quintessential heirloom chandelier. Regal and refined, the company calls it a masterpiece of cascading crystals and hand-formed scrolls adorned with Fleur-de-lis, a symbol of French royalty representing light, life, and perfection. The 11 piece core collection includes eight chandeliers and three wall sconces and is available in Heirloom Gold, Etruscan Gold, French Gold, Polished Silver, Antique Silver, Black Pearl, Aurelia, and (new) Moonstone (-25) finishes, and Heritage Crystals.
- Esteracae: Esteracae is a reimagination of Schonbek’s Orion chandelier, which, when it was launched in 1977, was described as having ‘glorious spherical simplicity.’ That essential character, inspired by the head of a dandelion, remains at the heart of the new interpretation. Today’s Esteracae has an airy quality with contemporary hand-finished metal florets featuring faceted crystals pinned to the ends of stems emerging from the center of the orb. The five-piece core collection consisting of three chandeliers and two flush mounts is available in Heirloom Gold, Antique Silver, Jet Black, Polished Stainless Steel, White Luster, and (new) Black (-51) finishes, and Spectra Crystals or Crystals from Swarovski.
- Milano: Named in honor of the Italian origin of its ornate baroque castings, Milano is a celebration of the great chandeliers of 17th century Italy. It marked the first time Schonbek designed an all-cast chandelier rather than one with crystal columnware. Milano’s traditional castings are all hand-finished with intricate details, and the delicate open lacework elements of the metal body are complemented by heavy crystal pendants. The 12 piece core collection consisting of eight chandeliers, three sconces, and a flush mount is available in Heirloom Gold, Etruscan Gold, French Gold, Parchment Gold, Antique Pewter, Antique Silver, Jet Black, Ferro Black, Parchment Bronze, Heirloom Bronze, Roman Silver, Florentine Bronze, Midnight Gild, and (new) Royal Pewter (-84) finish, and Crystals from Swarovski Golden Shadow, Crystals from Swarovski Silver Shade, Crystals from Swarovski Golden Teak, Crystals from Swarovski, Spectra Crystal, and Optic Crystal.
- Rivendell: First introduced in 1995, Rivendell is a signature Schonbek design founded in a traditional spirited motif of leaves, flowers, fans and buds. The emotional appeal of Rivendell arises not only from its natural motif and feminine aspect but also from the level of craftsmanship involved in the fixture’s intricately designed, heavily textured, hand-wrought metal, and the thousands of tiny crystal jewels that adorn its leaves and flowers, according to the company. The five-piece core collection consists of four chandeliers and one sconce and is available in Heirloom Gold, Etruscan Gold, French Gold, Antique Silver, Textured Bronze, Heirloom Bronze, (new) Black (-51), and (NEW) French Lace (-32) finishes and can be adorned with Spectra Crystal or Crystals from Swarovski.
- Sarella: Sarella illuminates interiors of all shapes and sizes with an imaginative balance of contemporary lines and traditional ornamentation, according to the company. First introduced in 2016, Sarella’s signature decorative elements include a waterfall of metal disks with brilliantly faceted heavy crystal beading. The expansive 28 piece core collection of chandeliers, pendants, sconces, and bathroom bars offers elegant adornment. Sarella is available in White, Heirloom Gold, Antique Silver, Polished Stainless Steel, and (new) Black (-51) finishes and can be adorned with Heritage Crystal, Spectra Crystal, or Crystals from Swarovski.
- Vesca: Taking its name from the Latin word for strawberry flower, Vesca marked a departure from the usual for Schonbek with its minimalist profile, slightly rustic style, and very light use of crystal. Its gracefully curved metal arms evoke the petals of an open flower when seen from below. Delicate crystal chains draped between the arms create a lyrical quality, and single, large drop pendants add elegant detail. Introduced in 2014, the core collection includes 12 chandeliers that are available in White, Heirloom Gold, Etruscan Gold, French Gold, Antique Silver, Ferro Black, Heirloom Bronze, and (new) Black with Gold Candle Slip (-51) finishes and can be adorned with Heritage Crystal, Spectra Crystal, or Crystals from Swarovski.